Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir Climate & Temperature
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India is at 34°5'N, 74°49'E, 1587 m (5207 ft). See map.
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 13.5 degrees Celsius (56.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.6 °C (38.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7.8°C (46°F) on average falling to -1.4°C (29.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.7°C (67.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7.4°C (45.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29.8°C (85.6°F) and average low temperatures are 16.8°C (62.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 21.6°C (70.9°F) during the day and lows of 6.3°C (43.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 710 mm (28 inches) which is equivalent to 710 Litres/m² (17.41 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2218 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir you would come out nearest to the climate station at Isla De Pascua-Mataveri, Chile where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Topic: Climate of Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Chitral, Pakistan - 336.6 kms (209.2 miles) NW
- Drosh, Pakistan - 323.6 kms (201.1 miles) WNW
- Dir, Pakistan - 299.8 kms (186.3 miles) WNW
- Jalal Abad, Afghanistan - 403.2 kms (250.5 miles) W
- Balakot, Pakistan - 140.4 kms (87.2 miles) WNW
- Peshawar, Pakistan - 298 kms (185.2 miles) W
- Murree, Pakistan - 134.9 kms (83.9 miles) W
- Islamabad, Pakistan - 168.3 kms (104.6 miles) WSW
- Jhelum, Pakistan - 164.5 kms (102.2 miles) SW
- Sialkot, Pakistan - 178.3 kms (110.8 miles) S
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - 285.5 kms (177.4 miles) S