Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir Climate & Temperature
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India is at 34°5'N, 74°49'E, 1587 m (5207 ft). See map.
- Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir has a humid subtropical climate that is mild with no dry season, constantly moist (year-round rainfall). Summers are hot and muggy with thunderstorms. Winters are mild with precipitation from mid-latitude cyclones. Seasonality is moderate. (Köppen-Geiger classification: Cfa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean annual temperature is 13.5 degrees Celsius (56.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 21.6 °C (38.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 7.8°C (46°F) on average falling to -1.4°C (29.5°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 19.7°C (67.5°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 7.4°C (45.3°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29.8°C (85.6°F) and average low temperatures are 16.8°C (62.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 21.6°C (70.9°F) during the day and lows of 6.3°C (43.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 710 mm (28 inches) which is equivalent to 710 Litres/m² (17.41 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2218 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Isla De Pascua-Mataveri, Chile where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir Climate Graph in Metric Units
Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Srinagar, Jammu And Kashmir, India
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Chitral, Pakistan - 336.6 kms (209.2 miles) NW
- Drosh, Pakistan - 323.6 kms (201.1 miles) WNW
- Dir, Pakistan - 299.8 kms (186.3 miles) WNW
- Jalal Abad, Afghanistan - 403.2 kms (250.5 miles) W
- Balakot, Pakistan - 140.4 kms (87.2 miles) WNW
- Peshawar, Pakistan - 298 kms (185.2 miles) W
- Murree, Pakistan - 134.9 kms (83.9 miles) W
- Islamabad, Pakistan - 168.3 kms (104.6 miles) WSW
- Jhelum, Pakistan - 164.5 kms (102.2 miles) SW
- Sialkot, Pakistan - 178.3 kms (110.8 miles) S
- Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan - 285.5 kms (177.4 miles) S